modelThe combined sections of Sargent’s completed model represented about two-thirds of the Hall (including the south end and four lunettes) and consisted of approximately two dozen connecting pieces. The model measured roughly ten feet from floor to ceiling and between six and eight feet across. This photograph, taken in 1915, shows how Sargent moved the model sections around the studio with a system of chains and pulleys. He placed the assembled pieces on a wooden framework on wheels.
The completed model; note the chains attaching plaster sections to the studio ceiling and the moveable framework supporting the assembled sections*
The Triumph of Religion