east wall section, plaster panelSeveral sections from Sargent’s model still exist. In 1933 the Fogg Art Museum received the six pictorial sections from the south and side wall niches and the plain wooden constructions beneath them, two plaster sections from the vaulted ceiling, the plaster medallion from Glorious Mysteries, and the plaster crucifix. Unfortunately in 1942 six sections were destroyed: the two undecorated wooden sections, two illustrated sections from Mysteries of the Rosary (Joyful and Sorrowful Mysteries), and the two plaster ceiling sections.
1. Plain wooden section, west wall; the open rectangular space in the lower section represents the opening for the Library’s elevator*
2. Plaster panel for section above Judgment lunette*
The Triumph of Religion