Dogma of the Redemption, south wall

Dogma of the Redemption

In 1903 Sargent installed the medievalizing images on the south wall of the Special Collections Hall. Since these are the first images the visitor sees after ascending the main staircase, the room reads initially—but only initially—as a medieval Catholic chapel.
Dogma of the Redemption, south wall, installed 1903
(1999 photo)
The Triumph of Religion